Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trying to make a blog header

 I love loons. This is a quilt I finished in 2011 and is hanging over our big screen TV.  I am so lucky to live at a lake. I kayak and love to check on the loons from when they return to the lake in spring to when the last chick leaves before the ice freezes.

I spent way too much time today playing with blogger and trying to choose a layout and template for this new blog.
  • I learned how to add blog buttons. I chose the Graphics Fairy and Sew We Quilt to start.
  • I learned how to edit my blog's header, layout template and background.
Why am I making this blog?
  • I've decided to use this blog as a way to journal the quilts I make. I hope to take pictures of the process and the finished products. That will be a great way to remember the fabrics I chose and the quilting designs I used.
  • I'm trying to get this blog ready for the Stitch Me Up bloghop hosted by Sew We Quilt. I've done some cute embroidery for this bloghop.  
  • I want a place to showcase the patterns I am designing from my daughter Kim's art. She has inspired my to design some nice wall quilts using piecing, applique and embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment