Saturday, October 24, 2015

October Challenge for QuiltShopGal FMQ 2015 challenge

Here is my finished pumpkin for the QuiltShopGal October Challenge., Option 1.
I chose to make a hot pad so I used insulbrite in addition to cotton batting.
 I quilted the top to cotton batting, then added the layer of insulbrite and quilted just the template
provided by Lori from Inbox Jaunt.
Notice her small pumpkins use for filler quilting around the pumpkin.
It looks terrific in person.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

QuiltShopGal FMQ October challenge

QuiltShopGal FMQ challenge for October with Lori Kennedy from the Inbox Jaunt. I used Lori's pumpkin template, pumpkin tutorial and the grid pop tutorial.  Such fun.

Testing, 1,2,3

HURRAY, a picture downloaded:)

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Quilt Shop Gal June Challenge

This is a small pillow I made for Quilt Shop Gal June challenge.
I used the directions in Option 1 by Diane Gaudynski.
It was great fun.
Quilt Shop Gal CFMQ Challenge 2015

Monday, June 22, 2015

LLQG 2015 challenge quilt

This year's challenge quilt was to place three, 1/4 yd fabrics in a paper bag and use the fabrics.
I found this to be a huge challenge because the fabrics were not in my usual colors.
I mean really, how was I going to use green and orange?
I had wanted to make a quilt with arrows and feathers
and thought that would work with unusual fabrics.
You can see two of the fabrics in the feather in the bottom left.
The green and orange is in the feathers of the big arrows.
The feathers in the middle used embroidery stitches on my Janome Horizon.
Four of the feathers used raw edge fused fabric that I FMQ.
I like the FMQ loops and arrows on the border.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Here's my new tablecloth for a pub table using four blocks
from the Jacqueline Steves BOM.
I used applique from Lynette Anderson patterns.
I added some extra colors to the embroidery 
with Derwent watercolor pencils.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thread sampler inspired by Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt.
It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.
This was the first time I carefully tied off my beginning and ending threads.
I also tried out a few new FMQ motifs and templates.
Finally, I now have a record of how my threads look when used in machine quilting.

I love the back too.