Friday, August 19, 2016

The Ultimate Free Motion Quilting Challenge ~ Summer 2016




Thank you QuiltShopGal for this wonderful FMQ challenge:
Linky Party # 2 Doodle/Sketching with theUltimate Stencil Collection and        the Ultimate Background Collection designed by Cindy Needham

Here are some sketches and practice using some background stencils.

Here is the sketch I drew before attempting to quilt the linen I had already added trapunto to.
I used the circle stencil to get a good size and shape for the corner heart design.
The corner hearts and half hearts along the edge are from a MQU article by Sue Heinz.
I used the 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch background grids for the orange peel doodles. I used the clam shell Papa background stencil for the Baptist fans.
I must say I love using these stencils for this quilt I'm working on.
I can't wait to share the finished quilt:)


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished product...looks amazing so far

    ReplyDelete