Thursday, January 21, 2016

Heart and Feather Whole Cloth Workshop with Leah Day

I'm working on the Leah Day WholeCloth Hearts and Feather Quilt.
This is my first time doing trapunto and oops ~ see the tiny hole ~ I can, even in the bad picture . What to do? I patched it with some Soft Fuse and now I have difficulty finding where I patched it.

Here's the back showing the trapunto polyester batting.
I have the four hearts in each corner to cut out.




I followed Leah's directions and pin based the quilt sandwich
with the wool batting between the layers.
Then I basted the sandwich with the wash away thread.
It's really puffy in person.
Can't wait to quilt the top.



1 comment:

  1. I love the blue color for your Heart and Feather wholecloth quilt. Thanks for sharing in my Stitch Along for this project. Just wanted to let you know that by being a participant, I have also added you to My Creative Blog List, which is a site that was created to promote awareness of creative blogs and blogging events. I also find it an easy to use tool to follow blogs. http://mycreativebloglist.blogspot.com/

    I hope you'll share your Heart & Feather wholecloth progess in my Stitch Along today. I'm doing more Cat Furr Ball stitching right now and I'll get the Linky Party/blog post released later today.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete